When you choose the best LLC services, you always look for the one that saves your money. Besides, the turnaround time and the services they provide are important factors too. When I sit to write the Northwest Registered Agent Review, I checked those factors too. It does not really matter whether you are a small business or a large one, saving money is always the wisest decision one can make.
When it comes to forming an LLC (limited liability company), it is necessary to check some very pivotal factors. It is inevitable that you consider these factors while searching for the best LLC service provider for your business. These factors are the turnaround time, quality of service, and of course price. If Northwest can meet these requirements then you can easily buy their service. However, I would like you to read this review before you buy it! Here’s a quick summary of Northwest Registered Agent Service,
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
- Northwest Registered Agent Review: Quick Summary
- Northwest Registered Agent Review: About The Company
- Northwest Registered Agent Review: Services & Pricing
- Final Verdict: Would You Choose Northwest Registered Agent?
- Northwest Registered Agent Review: Summary
- Northwest Registered Agent Vs Others
Northwest Registered Agent Review: Quick Summary
- Fast Service
- Outstanding Customer Review
- Flat rate for all services
- DIY Packages
- Purchase only the services you need
- Start and maintain businesses
- Lifetime guide service
- Transparent pricing
- Free operating agreement template
- 20+ years of experience in the business
- Additional cost to obtain EIN
- Not BBB Accredited
- Not suitable for small-sized business.
- Registered agent service is costlier than other companies
- Service Quality: 4.5/5
- Turnaround Time: 4/5
- Pricing: 4/5
- Customer Feedback: 4.5/5
- User Friendly: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Northwest Registered Agent Review: About The Company
Northwest registered agent is a Washington-based, family-owned company. It has its main office is in Spokane, Washington but they have their operations in all the other 50 states. The company was formed in the year 1998. It becomes one of the largest LLC formation companies in the United States. The reason behind it becoming so huge is its incredible customer support. Along with customer support, the company has an effective privacy protection policy. Northwest registered agent has flat pricing for the LLC formation service. They do not have a formation package but they do have DIY plans for their customers.
While you form an LLC it takes a lot of work, from getting a business address to handling legal documents. Northwest registered agent services of course take care of these things at a flat price. In this Northwest registered agent review, I am going to point out why you should get their service and when you should not.
To start with, I must mention that this company has top-notch customer support. If you take a look at the reviews in Trustpilot, you would see how satisfied people are with their responsive customer service. Their business formation service is as good as their customer support.
Note: Northwest registered agent has incredible user ratings. Their customer service team works round the clock to respond to emails, phone calls, and other modes of communication.
Northwest Registered Agent Review: Services & Pricing
As mentioned, NW registered agent does not offer conventional packages like other companies. They have 5 types of services. You can choose from the list which ones you prefer for your LLC or business structure. You can also purchase your own DIY plans. It means if you are choosing plans from Core Service, you can also choose plans from other packages. Here are the plans NW registered agent offer,
Note: Northwest Registered Agent does not have any conventional affordable package. They have DIY packages that you can buy according to your need. They offer flat prices for their services.
Core services are the main formation services NW registered agent offers. Under this, there are 5 different services available at different prices. The services are,
- Registered Agent: You can purchase the registered agent service individually at a flat rate. It costs $125/-.
- Company Formation: You can form any business with Northwest Registered Agent company. Be it an LLC, a non-profit, or a corporation, NW charges a single price. Northwest’s incorporation service is available at $100.
- VIP Business Service: Under this offering, Northwest provides VIP services to their customers. There is a monthly payment option available in the NW registered agent business. You can either pay them upfront or on monthly basis to enjoy their fast services. Under VIP service, your filing will take place within 2 business days. State-wise the expedite filing charges vary.
Maintain a Business:
Along with forming your company, Northwest helps you to maintain and grow your business with their “Maintain a Business” options. Under this option, you will get individual services such as Annual reports, foreign corps, and so on. The services offered under this option are as follows,
- Annual Report: Annual report is required to file after a year of operation of your LLC. In some states, it is not mandatory to file an Annual Report. However, it is recommended to file one. It costs $100 + State filing fee.
- Federal Tax ID Service: Federal Tax ID or Federal Employer Identification Number is available in this option. It costs $50 to obtain EIN for your business. You can either purchase this individually from Northwest or can club with the formation of LLC by spending $100 more.
- Foreign LLC Formation: Northwest offers foreign LLC formation. If you wish to start your foreign LLC anywhere in the United States, NW would do that at $100 for you. The state filing fee and expedite fees are charged separately.
Business Address and Development:
Under the “Business Address and Development” option, LLCs will be able to get phone, address, mail, and payment processing services. These services are required to form an LLC. Here are the services available under this option,
- Mail Forwarding Service: LLCs will get address and suite numbers where they can receive official mails. This service is available in all states including major states Wyoming, California, Texas, Florida, and so on. This service is available at $40 on monthly basis.
- Virtual Office Service: Northwest offers a virtual office address that is required to form an LLC or any business in a particular state. One has to pay $49 a month to get this service in any state across the US. If the registered agent address is in the same state you are forming an LLC then it would be even better for you to get legal documents.
- Phone Service: You can sign up for free to enjoy phone connections. If you sign-up you will get a phone number to start your business in the state. If you are not residing in that state or willing to start your foreign LLC, then you can easily take this service. It costs $9 a month to use the local number for business purposes.
- Payment Processing Solution: If you are using credit cards to conduct your legit business, then you must need a payment processing solution. Northwest is a registered agent business and does not offer solutions like payment processing often. However, at a reasonable cost, you can book a consultant to know more about the same.
Service of Process:
Under this option, registered agent services are available. There are three options to choose from. If you require BOC-3 registered agent service, then choose this option. The rest two options are for the multiple state’s operations. Northwest also encourages B2B affordable options. A wholesale registered agent is one such B2B option.
- BOC-3: At the cost of $125 + state fees, you can get BOC-3 agent service.
- National Agent Service: If you are operating in 5 or more states then you can go for this option. You will get a single national agent to look after your LLCs in 5 or more states. It costs $100 + state fees.
- Wholesale Registered Agent: In this option, the businesses get a wholesale agent instead of 51 individual agents for 51 states. This option is started for the B2B services. If you are an agency then you can hire a wholesale agent service at affordable pricing.
Apart from the above-mentioned plans, Northwest offers a few more individual services. They are as follows,
- Company formation for Non-US residents: Packages start from $925
- EIN for Non-US residents: $50
- Law on Call: $9 per month (get legal consultation on call immediately by paying the subscription fee)
- Certified copies of formation documents: The cost varies from state to state
- Certificate of good standing: The cost varies from state to state
- Corporate kits (books, seals): It costs from $30 to $80
Note: Northwest registered agent company offers all the plans individually. You do not have to spend a hefty amount on any package. You can alter package pricing by choosing the best-suited services for your LLC.
Final Verdict: Would You Choose Northwest Registered Agent?
Now, choosing a formation service is totally up to you. However, as I am writing the Northwest Registered Agent Review, I would say this is one of the best LLC formation services with excellent privacy protections and excellent customer reviews. There are certainly a few points that make me choose this company. First, NW does not have any settled package like other competitors. This means you can choose what you need and make your own package.
Having an individual service can have two sides, one, you get the perks of choosing the ones you need and not buying the unnecessary ones. Or, two, you get all the hassles of choosing and planning things separately instead of getting everything under a single plan. For me, the DIY package is more attractive than the latter one. Sometimes, packages consist of 1-2 services that are unnecessary for your business structure, but LLC formation service providers add those to your package.
On the other side, NW has incredible online customer reviews. According to the users, Northwest not only offers legal services but is also a pleasurable company that offers excellent customer service. However, the company lacks a strong reputation unlike other competitors like ZenBusiness and LegalZoom. For that, it fails to be the number one formation service company. Northwest offers two types of pricing options. Users can either go for a one-time upfront payment or a monthly pricing plan. In a monthly plan, you can pay at monthly intervals. Another important feature of Northwest is the price they offer. NW offers a flat rate without any extra cost. You pay the exact cost for any service. They charge fees for a 1 or 2 day turnaround time.
However, there are some points one has to take into consideration while choosing the Northwest. The price tag is a bit higher than others. While some other companies offer free registered agent service, Northwest charges $125 for the same. On the other hand, LLC formation service is available at $100 when Incfile and Inc Authority offers this service for free. Their minimum pricing plan does not include mandatory services like operating agreement draft. While other service providers include operating agreements as well. Services like obtaining EIN costs $50 in Northwest when it can be obtained for free if you apply directly on the IRS website.
When Should You Choose Northwest Registered Agent?
If you are looking for an LLC formation service and registered agent then you can choose Northwest. Now, these are the services other business formation companies offer. Incfile offers both these services for free. But with Northwest, you will get monthly VIP service and premium customer service. If you are looking for DIY packages or a minor service and no extra services for your company, then you must go for Northwest.
When Should You Not Choose Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest is for the ones who are interested in DIY packages. You need to purchase their services separately to make your own customized package. LLCs that do not wish to go for individual services should not choose Northwest Registered Agent LLC formation services. If you are a mid-sized company, then you can easily choose Northwest because it does not bother your budget. However, if you are a small business with a tight budget, then you can go for other options like ZenBusiness or Incfile (free LLC formation).
Northwest Registered Agent Alternatives
You can always look for an alternative to this service. If you explore the other options of best LLC services, you will see we have listed down some of the best services for you. ZenBusiness is one of the LLC filing companies that offer everything at only $49 + State Fees. Zen’s online reviews are excellent. On the other side, if you do not want to spend anything then also we have the cheapest company for you. Incfile is one such company with plenty of free services. It not only offers free LLC formation but also a free registered agent service is available with every package they have.
Northwest Registered Agent Review: Summary
Northwest Registered Agent is a company that offers mainly, registered agent services at a flat price. It is true that this company offers the registered agent at a bit higher price than others but as it offers a flat rate, there is no hidden charge or any type of future fee is associated with it. If you read this Northwest Registered Agent review, you will know that Northwest Registered Agent is not BBB accredited, hence, not many people trust this company. As it afftets the company brand, and credibility Northwest fails to get customer’s trust completely. You can visit their website or email them directly to know more about their menu of service, and price information.
Northwest Registered Agent Vs Others
How to Use Northwest Registered Agent
You need to set up your account by providing all the necessary details. You can use the Northwest Registered Agent services for business name search, registered agent services, LLC filing tax planning, etc.
If you’re starting a business, you’re probably wondering, “How do I use a registered agent?” That’s where Northwest Registered Agent comes in. Their website is easy to navigate and explains each service and its add-ons clearly. Plus, you can track the progress of your application through their secure online platform and manage communication with the registered agent. To learn more, continue reading! The pros of Northwest Registered Agent include excellent customer service, competitive pricing, and overall reliability.
To get started, you’ll need to choose a business type. Most registered agents charge by the month, but Northwest Registered Agent offers a free phone service for businesses. They also offer a payment processing solution for $9 per month. Northwest Registered Agent also offers reasonable consulting fees for its registered agent services. For those with no previous experience with incorporation, you should consider the company’s free trial offer. This way, you’ll be able to determine whether this service is right for you and your company.
Another benefit of Northwest Registered Agent is their transparent pricing structure. Unlike LegalZoom, they don’t hide their fees or add-ons. They also don’t have confusing bundles that trick you into paying for features you don’t need. Northwest Registered Agent also offers a 60-day cancellation period. However, you must note that Northwest Registered Agent does not allow third-party apps to be installed on your business website, so it’s recommended that you review them first.
Another benefit of Northwest Registered Agent is their refund policy. If you cancel your service within the first 90 days, you can get a full refund. However, this option is not available if you paid in advance. You can get a pro-rated refund if you cancel your service within 90 days. You also can cancel your service anytime within the year, but you must follow the company’s refund policy to avoid losing money.
Northwest Registered Agent does not sell customer information. When you set up a company, you give up your personal information. They then take this information and file it with a government agency. Some of these legal services companies copy the information and sell it, but Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t. And the service is fast. The company’s website also features free downloadable documents and step-by-step instructions. These are two important aspects that help you choose a registered agent.
Northwest Registered Agent offers various business formation services, including LLC auto-filing and annual reports. The company also charges a $100 annual compliance check fee. If you’d like to cancel your service at any time, you can do so from the dashboard. There are also optional services you can use to streamline your business formation process. For example, if you’re incorporating an LLC, you need to file an annual report after the first year. The annual report will cost you around $100 plus state filing fees.
Customer support from the Northwest Registered Agent is also a major plus. When you have a question or need help with your registration, you can contact their customer support by phone, email, social media, or web form. If you need further assistance, they will answer your inquiry as quickly as possible. However, they are not as responsive as their competitors. That said, they are definitely worth checking out. They offer excellent customer service and support.
Yes, Northwest is a completely legit company. Based in Washington, this company has served its customers for the last 20+ years and counting. They have price transparency and excellent review by the users.
It is not mandatory to have a registered agent for your LLC. But, it is highly advisable to have one for proper & timely filing of various documents & taxes. So that you don’t have to bear late fees or penalties.
You can cancel your account or services from Northwest anytime you want. All you need to do is log in to your Northwest Account via the company website. Go to the client portal and select Cancel Services. Your services will be canceled immediately.
Upon cancellation, Northwest refunds the money. However, the cancellation must take place within 90 days of purchase. If not written otherwise, the refund process will not take place after 90 days.
To form an LLC with Northwest you need to spend $100 for government document filing. State fees should be paid separately. The cost of registered agent service is $125. So, it will be $225 in total to form an LLC with Northwest Registered Agent.
Northwest is a family-owned and managed medium-sized business with 20+ years of operation. The company has 200 employees who operate in 50 states. The company may charge a bit higher than other competitors, but it comes with a monthly payment package. It feels lighter on your pocket as you don’t have to pay the entire amount at once. There is also a one-time payment or customizable up-front payment option as well. With decades of experience, the company has become one of the largest companies today.
If you have used Northwest’s services then share your experience with us. Comment below and tell me how do you find this article.