If you already have an LLC in another state and want an Arkansas LLC, then how to start an LLC would be somewhat different. You must register as a foreign LLC. We have here a guide on how you can qualify and register for a foreign LLC in Arkansas.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
- Forming an Arkansas Foreign LLC
- Steps to Filing Arkansas Foreign LLC Online
- After Forming Arkansas Foreign LLC
Forming an Arkansas Foreign LLC
A foreign LLC does not need to be a company from another country but a business formed under the laws of another state. To start a foreign LLC in Arkansas, you need to register it with the Arkansas Secretary of State.
Step 1: Choose Arkansas Foreign LLC Name
Obtain a name reservation certificate and submit it with your foreign qualification requirements to the Arkansas Secretary of State. Your LLC’s legal name outside of Arkansas will be listed on the application, along with the name it will use in Arkansas. Take note of the requirements for naming your LLC.
Step 2: Select Arkansas Foreign LLC Registered Agent
You’ll need a registered agent to form a foreign LLC in Arkansas and take note that an Arkansas registered agent must have a local address. Here are three of the best LLC services on our list that will provide you with registered agents to ease your worries:
Step 3: File Registration of Arkansas Foreign LLC
Fill out and submit a Foreign LLC Application for Registration form via email to email@example.com or by mail to Arkansas Secretary of State State Capitol, Suite 256 500 Woodlane Street Little Rock, AR 72201.
Include the following:
- LLC’s full legal name.
- A fictitious name or a DBA (only if your LLC’s legal name is not available); Attach a statement of adoption of the fictitious name signed by all LLC members.
- LLC’s principal office and mailing addresses.
- LLC formation state and date.
- Registered agent’s name and address in Arkansas
- Date when your LLC will start operations in Arkansas.
- Credit card information on the last page of the form for the $150 application fee.
The LLC cost in Arkansas, even for foreign LLCs will differ between online filing and by mail.
Step 4: Determine How Your Arkansas Foreign LLC is taxed
Foreign LLCs are also subjected to the Arkansas Business Privilege Tax, and they must file LLC annual reports each year.
Note that forming a foreign LLC would be good for your business as you can legally operate in a different state thus reaching a larger market and opening more opportunities for higher profit.
Steps to Filing Arkansas Foreign LLC Online
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Do you want to register your Foreign LLC in the state of Arkansas? Are you confused about the complex legal jargon? Do you want someone to guide you? Don’t worry, we are here to help you and make this process simple for you.
If you want to register your LLC in the state of Arkansas, you just need to follow the following steps;
- Apply for a certificate of registration
- Apply for a certificate of registration of a foreign LLC ( Form FL-01) to The Secretary of State Arkansas. The fee for submitting Form FL-01 online is $270 and $300 if submitted by postal mail. Visit Arkansas Secretary of State to submit form FL-O1 online. The Form FL-01 will look like this:
- Select filing act
In Form FL-01, select the filing act. Enter the name of your LLC, designated name to be used in Arkansas, state of origin, country of incorporation (only if it is other than the USA), and date organized.
- Appoint a registered agent
- Appoint a registered agent for your LLC and provide its details in form FL-O1. The registered agent must have a physical mailing address in Arkansas and PO boxes are not allowed as per the statute.
- Provide details of the office
Provide the details of the office in the jurisdiction of the formation of LLC or the address of the principal office of the LLC in the “Foreign Contact” section.
- Enter details of the incorporator
Enter details of at least one incorporator and one officer of the LLC.
- Enter details of the person filing the application
- Enter the details of the person who is applying for a certificate of registration of a foreign LLC.
- Submit details of the tax report recipient
- Submit the details of the person to whom the corporation’s annual franchise tax report is to be mailed.
- Encode date of effectivity and submit
- Enter the “Effective date” and select your designation in the “Title” dropdown. Finally, add your digital signature.
The laws of Arkansas require that foreign LLC must deliver to Business and Commercial Services:
- Within 30 days of filing with the office of the Secretary of State Arkansas, a certificate of existence or a document of similar nature or
- Certified copy of the amendment as filed in your state of incorporation dated within 60 days of filing with Arkansas.
The mode of delivery should be either of the following;
- Fax :: 501-682-3437
- E-mail:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you may opt to upload at the end of the filing process
BONUS TIP: If there are any questions related to applying for a certificate of registration of Foreign LLC, then you may contact the office of The Secretary of State, Arkansas at 501-682-3409 or 882-233-0325.
It is convenient plus easy to file for a foreign LLC if you are doing it online. The steps are very easy and that’s why it’s possible to go along with the steps and form a foreign LLC in Arkansas.
After Forming Arkansas Foreign LLC
Here are added things you need to accomplish after forming your Arkansas Foreign LLC
- Obtain Business Licenses. Find the business licenses you’ll need using the Business License Search.
- File LLC annual reports and Business Privilege Tax.
- Pay State Taxes like sales tax; you’ll need an EIN for your LLC.
How Much Does It Cost to Register a Foreign LLC in Arkansas
To register as a foreign LLC in Arkansas, you can file through mail or in-person by paying $300 or online by paying a filing amount of $270 to the Arkansas Secretary of State.
Whether you’re transferring a business from another state, or just starting a new one, the question of How Much Does It Cost to Register a Nonresident LLC in Arkansas may be on your mind. You’ll need to fill out various forms, including the FL-01, and pay the Arkansas Business Privilege Tax. You may also need to acquire local licenses and permits in order to legally do business in the state.
Once you’ve selected a name for your foreign LLC, you can apply to register it with the Arkansas Secretary of State. You’ll need to pay a $300 filing fee for the state of Arkansas, plus $150 for the annual Franchise Tax Report. You’ll also need to submit a report to the state annually, which is due on May 1st. While a foreign LLC in Arkansas may be more expensive than a domestic one, the process is relatively simple.
Choosing an operating agreement is another step in forming a foreign LLC. You should make sure all of your members are on the same page and don’t create conflicts in the future. A good resource for this is an Arkansas LLC operating agreement guide. And remember to get an EIN. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issues nine-digit numbers to companies. The number is essentially the company’s Social Security number. If you’re looking to register an LLC in Arkansas, you can obtain a free EIN from the IRS website.
The best place to register your foreign LLC is through a service that specializes in preparing LLC applications. ZenBusiness is an excellent option, and offers a package for under $100, which includes all the services you’ll need to start a business in the state. There are several advantages to using a service like IncFile for LLC formation and foreign qualification. The company’s customer support is great, and they also offer a free year of registered agent services.
The Secretary of State requires all LLCs to pay a $150 franchise tax each year. All LLCs must file an annual report with the Arkansas secretary of state. This filing can be done online or via the mail. It is crucial to remember that you need to pay this fee on time, so you don’t have to miss any deadlines. You can choose a registered agent at the time of filing, and they can help you with all your filings.
One major advantage to forming an LLC in Arkansas is that it protects personal assets. In the event of a company’s failure or lawsuit, the owner’s personal assets are protected. Additionally, you can avoid double taxation with an LLC. A corporation pays tax at the entity level and then dividends are paid to the shareholders. In contrast, a foreign LLC pays a single tax on profits and losses.
The process of forming a Foreign LLC in Arkansas is not difficult. The main issue is choosing a name. This is one of the most important aspects of starting a business. Choose a memorable name, one that your customers will remember. This will attract more customers, revenue, and growth. If you want to avoid any hassles, the online filing process will make your process faster and more convenient.
If your LLC is formed under the laws of another state, it is referred to as a foreign LLC in Arkansas.
Businesses incorporated outside of the state where they operate must have “foreign qualifications” issued in the other states.
A domestic LLC is a company registered in Arkansas as an LLC. The entity type that has a physical presence in another state is a foreign LLC.
Starting a foreign LLC in Arkansas does not require a lot of documentation or tasks. However, it is always good to seek help from a professional when it comes to running your business. Get a professional registered agent and form your foreign LLC anywhere without a hassle.